We are looking for a professional and dedicated person to join our team within Maxwells Chartered Accountants.
The role will involve:
- Preparation of sole trader and partnership accounts from source records
- Preparation of limited company statutory financial statements from source records
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Management Accounts preparation and operation
- Bookkeeping tasks, sales ledger, purchase ledger and bank entry & reconciliation
- Other professional service roles demanded by a busy accountancy practice serving many different clients in different industry sectors.
The vacancy does not require any formal accountancy qualification but significant experience in an accountancy practice is a prerequisite. Ideal team members will be proficient in Microsoft Suite applications and be generally computer literate. Experience of IRIS Accountancy Software, Sage, QuickBooks and other accounting packages would be an advantage, however, full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
For the avoidance of doubt, this vacancy does not include the opportunity of obtaining a training contract for professional accountancy qualifications.
The position is based in Bridgwater at Maxwells’ offices and the team member will work a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday.
Salary range is £17,500 - £27,500 per annum (dependent upon experience).
Applications (including curriculum vitae) should be made to Clive Hall-Tomkin by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or posting to 4 King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3YF.
Deadline for applications: Monday 23 March 10am