Maxwells is a firm licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious Probate in England and Wales.
At a time of the death of a loved one it can be very difficult for the family to deal with the administrative and legal issues which arise. It is common for the family to appoint a trusted adviser to apply for Probate on their behalf to assist in this area.
For many years Maxwells has been dealing with preparing the Inheritance Tax Forms which are often required when someone dies and assisting with providing information for the solicitor who is applying for the Grant of Probate.
Since 1 October 2015 Maxwells have become a licensed firm which mean that we can now apply for the Grant of Probate.
Maxwells may have been dealing with the family for many years and often have an in depth knowledge of the deceased’s tax affairs and assets. This provides a very detailed insight into the elements which need to be declared when applying for probate. Due to this often less questions need to be asked of the deceased’s family as a lot of the information is already known.
Maxwells aim to deal with probate on a timely and compassionate basis with the hope to make the application as stress free for the family as possible.
We have a team of people who have vast experience in Inheritance Tax planning and Probate and can assist you and your family at this difficult time. If you wish to discuss this area, please contact Debbie Villis on 01278 423008 or email@example.com or Jon Shorney on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are able to manage the entire probate process on your behalf or can simply support and advise you in your own application.
Our services might include;
- working with the Executors to assist with legal responsibilities
- handling taxation issues up to the date of death
- collecting details of the deceased’s assets and liabilities & obtaining professional valuations where required
- completing inheritance tax (IHT) accounts and forms
- claiming any IHT reliefs or exemptions and calculating the IHT payable
- applying for and obtaining the grant of probate or guiding you through the process
- dealing with capital gains and income tax liabilities of the estate
- preparing tax returns through the administration period
- compiling or selling the assets of the estate
- settling any debts of the deceased and arranging IHT payments
- identifying any potential tax savings through a variation of the Will within 2 years of the date of death
- preparing the final estate accounts
- distributing assets to beneficiaries and paying legacies
We will also advise you of any tax reliefs or elections that might be appropriate and can also look at other tax efficiencies including consideration of deeds of variation.
Please click the following links for details of:
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01278 423008. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.