We are looking for a professional and dedicated person to join our team within Maxwells Chartered Accountants.
The role will involve:
- Preparation of sole trader and partnership accounts from source records.
- Preparation of limited company statutory financial statements from source records.
- Preparing corporation tax computation calculations and basic tax planning.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Management Accounts preparation and operation.
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update all ledgers, perform bank reconciliations ready for the monthly reporting process, maintain records of our clients using accounting software packages including QiuickBooks, Xero and Sage.
- Accountancy training of junior staff members and trainees.
- Other professional service roles demanded by a busy accountancy practice serving many different clients in different industry sectors.
The successful candidate will hold a formal accountancy qualification from The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or may be qualified by experience. Ideal team members will be proficient in Microsoft Suite applications and be generally computer literate. Experience of IRIS Accountancy Software, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and other accounting packages would be an advantage, however, full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The position is based in Bridgwater at Maxwells’ offices and the team member will work a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday (option of 1 day per week working from home).
Salary range is £26,000 - £32,000 per annum (dependent upon experience).
Applications (including curriculum vitae) should be made to Clive Hall-Tomkin
by emailing email@example.com or posting to 4 King Square, Bridgwater,
Somerset, TA6 3YF.