We are looking for a professional and dedicated person to join our team within Maxwells Chartered Accountants.
This is a 40%+ audit focused role with a blend of accounts production (FRS102) to occupy the rest of the role and will involve:
- Audit planning and driving fieldwork ensuring adherence to budget.
- Working on complex audit areas such group consolidation, discounting of financial instruments, accounting of share-based payments, impairment review relating to value in use calculation etc.
- Timely delivery of various audit sections for Partner review, primarily responsible for delivering a clean file for Partner final review.
- Championing the firms culture and professional/technical standards, in particular correct use of software and agreed auditing practices.
- Responsibility for mentoring junior staff.
- Driving personal development and challenging status quo (e.g., challenging established but perhaps inefficient practices).
- Preparation of limited company statutory financial statements from source records
- Preparing corporation tax computation calculations and basic tax planning
- Management Accounts preparation including commentary.
- Other professional service roles demanded by a busy accountancy practice serving many different clients in different industry sectors.
The successful candidate will hold a formal accountancy qualification from The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and will have a minimum of three years in a senior auditing role. Ideal team members will be proficient in Microsoft Suite applications and be generally computer literate. Experience of IRIS Accountancy Software, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and other accounting packages would be an advantage, however, training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The position is based in Bridgwater at Maxwells’ offices and the team member will work a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday.
Salary range is £35,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience).
Applications (including curriculum vitae) should be made to Clive Hall-Tomkin by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or posting to 4 King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3YF.
Deadline for applications: Monday 15 November 2021 10am