A training contract with Maxwells Chartered Accountants is the key to a secure future. In return for your hard work and study in early years, we can promise diverse and fascinating training in a friendly and proactive environment.
We offer a training programme that allows you to gain experience in all areas of accountancy and taxation and which exposes you to a variety of clients and work.
If these challenges sound like the exciting professional life and recognition you have envisioned for yourself and you fit the following qualification criteria and personal qualities, then we welcome you to get in touch.
Excellent support and training is provided that will help you develop the skills you need to succeed as a professional and to progress until you realise your full potential. The firm provide and fund:
- Tuition/Revision Courses with recognised training providers
- Student Registration Fees and subscriptions
- Books and materials
- Exemption/examination entry fees
- Paid study leave for courses and exams
- Accommodation if a stay away is required
A-C grades at GCSE and A Level or a minimum of a 2:1 degree or equivalent or higher would enable you to train towards the ACA qualification
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Self driven and highly motivated to work hard both practically and academically
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
- Computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time and task management skills
- Well presented
It is essential you are aware of the amount of commitment we look for in you and what the professional exams actually involve. We recommend you look at the syllabus which you can find on the ICAEW website before you apply to us.
You will need to demonstrate an understanding of the economic environment at interview.
The position is 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary is competitive and dependent upon experience.
Applications (including curriculum vitae) should be made to Clive Hall-Tomkin by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or posting to 4 King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3YF.
Deadline for applications: Monday 24 July 2017 10am